Feb 22, 2011

My turn - day 140

140 days ago I woke up in my bed in Finland, with a runny nose, headache and a cough....
...a couple hours, lots of packing, last minutes stress purchasing, almost missing the train -later, Sophia, Ruut and I were sitting on a train, almost bursting with energy and happiness - our adventure had finally started, and we had no idea what to expect.

140 days later I wake up in my dorm bed in Singapore, with a headache and a cough, looking over the city from the open dorm window my bed is next to.
140 days later I've experienced, seen, done, learned so much more than I thought I would and been to so many places I never thought I'd be.
140 days later, it's time for me to fly home. It's time for me to write my last blogpost while traveling, from Singapore, just as Sophia and Ruut have before me.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to sum up the trip (impossible) or my feelings about going home (equally impossible) and since the decision was made, and the ticket home bought last night, I haven't really had time to think about it either. So luckily I've been able to enjoy my last day, headed for the beach with Colin (last day of 30 degrees, sunshine, and a warm ocean....) and when it started raining (this is Singapore) I did what what you are supposed to do in Singapore (considering the infinite number of malls) - shopped.

And ate. Singapore now has officially vegan paradise -status.
This means I have no idea that I'm actually going home. Instead I feel excited - the way we always do when leaving a city and heading someplace new.

But this time my destination is Finland. I'm gonna fly (FLY???) via Japan to Finland.
.....hahahhahahahahah. Finlanad???
Naaah.

Ruut going home
Sophia going home

//H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME HANNA!!!!