Jan 25, 2011

Last post from Asia

Did all of this really happen?

Or was it just an elaborate, yet sweet, dream? I fell through a rabbit hole and found another marvellous world just waiting to be discovered. Sounds so cheesy, but it's how I feel, probably how many first time travellers feel. Not that you could ever get tired of the world.
Like Alice in Wonderland we've been stumbling around, ususally without true knowledge of surrounding ongoings. Tasting this and that, having peculiar converations, seeing unbelievable things and hearing stories beyond our imaginations. I can't really find the right words describe how I feel leaving all of this.

Three/four months is not a long time, but it's long enough to make me wonder if anything's changed back home. Have I changed?
At least I learnt a lot; about hospitality and frendship, patience and composure. Essentially, there's no need to ever lose your temper and things will always work out with a big genuine smile. If you're broke and homeless someone'll always help you and lift your spirits. If you're hungry someone will offer you food, even if you're not hungry somenone will want to share their food with you. Sing, play cards, talk, dance. It could be your fellow travel company or someone you've just met. A smile can take you around the world, I'm certain of that.

All the amazing people I've had the privilege to meet, all the hilarious incidents and all experiences, big and small, will hopefully remain in my memories for a long time to come.
This is not the end, it's just the beginning.

Transmission over.

//R

1 comment:

Juho said...

Every now and then I've been reading Your blog and have to say girls (tytot, had to say that just to make You mad..!) that your blog has been really nice to read. And I agree with You of lot of things in this blog. A smile can definetely take you around the world.
Anyways, everything good to all of You.