Jan 24, 2011

Diverging paths (update from R in Singapore)

Entering this weird city state once more felt strange. Leaving Malysia and all fabulous new friends wasn't easy. I was excpecting to see Hanna or Sophia appear any minute, but they never showed up... My room mates are friendly and helpful, and thus it's not hard to find company. Still, us having been such a tight group, an entity almost, you can't help but feel a little lonely. What a quiet day it's been.

Took the opportunity to do things that might have bored others; a vistit to Singapore Science Centre and book stores. Numerous second hand and high end book stores later I was penniless but in a much better mood. I also discovered several vegetarian restaurants in the area around my guesthouse on Dunlop st. So now I'm on a tight schedule to visit all four of them within 24 hours!

Still planning on catching a Kung Fu movie and checking out China Town to see how the preparations for CNY are going. Another mission is to find some Lei Cha, this really delicious Chinese breakfast food that we've dubbed "Green Soup".

//R

No comments: